Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Mumbai

Can't take it anymore. Blogging aimlessly to vent out ones anger is the stupidest thing to do. Easy for me to say time to act...but what the hell am I going to do? for the matter what can be done? Not a single case of terrorist attack in this country has reached a logical conclusion. stuck. stuck. stuck. Minority appeasement, majority's prejudices, nepotism, legal loopholes, corruption, red tape, govt. files, files, files, files and even as I write more files are piling on someone's desk.

Taj, Oberoi, VT...man these are not landmarks; they are a part of my consciousness. I have lost count of the number of times my legs have dragged me automatically to VT or Churchgate, just because I was bored, confused, frustrated and contemplating enlightenment or blowing up myself sitting at home. Marine Drive, DN Road...these places have given me answers for questions which I never asked. They can't burn. I might need those answers again. Maybe not, but they simply can't burn. MY MUMBAI CAN'T BURN.

I am one of the proudest Mumbaikars one might bump into. It's my identity. I have lost my sense of security long back...yet the love for this city runs in my body. Its dark red.

No comments: