Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sunny side up

Calling me stupid would be an understatement. Now read on…

Was a tad late for office and hurried inside the lift. Waited for people to trickle in leaning against the wall. My destination - floor number 10. Time for take off. Glanced at the wall. At the liftman’s khaki uniform. The indicator showed first floor. Saw Sunil Gavaskar on my right. Saw the liftman. Wait a minute…did I say Gavaskar?…Turn right again…Yes, its him…I was transported to Lords…no no Kingston…bah leave it. Ok what next?...Lift stops at some floor….and hes still there…standing next to me…I noticed his height…very few cricketers whom I could look eye to eye …but what do I ask?... “Mr. Gavaskar how does it feel to have a Calypso composed on you? Who was better…Joel Garner or Sylvester Clarke…well did u ever face Clarke? or was it Marshhhhhhh”…

“Congrats…we won the series” said an old man to Sunny…He said “O yes”... Now again my mind started racing….think shld ask him why he goes overboard about Sachin during matches?…no no was thinking something else…Patterson…no Clarke…and then it slipped…

“Sir, are you going to Radio One?”
“No”, he said…his face tilting 2 degrees to his left…and then he was gone. Floor number 6 the indicator said.

“Arey yahan unka office hai”. It was Pandey the liftman. As I got out, I just thought…calling me stupid would be an understatement.

1 comment:

prasad said...

Very nice sirrr .....